Friday, March 6, 2009

A month after

Okay, I really did intend to post frequently in the days following the cleanse. Unfortunately, I got so busy eating and with school, that I neglected the blog completely.

The bad news: I'm slipping into snacking habits again, so I'm going to make a great effort to get outta that. I've been eating wheat bread a little more often than I should. I haven't baked a loaf of spelt bread since the cleanse, so I'll hopefully get on that soon too. Too much beer in my diet! I am not completely bingeing, but I will be cutting down even more on beer and pop-based hiballs. I'm digging red wine though. Check out a bottle of pinotage sometime soon, it's got a lovely sweetness. I've gained some weight back and my complexion isn't the glowing, smooth loveliness that it was in week 2.

The good news: I am eating better and healthier than before the cleanse. It's hard to eat as much veggies as I was before, but I think I am doing a decent job of incorporating them and will keep going. I still remember how good I felt and looked when I was eating that awesomely healthy food so I have a great incentive to get back on the wagon.

Unrelated: today is day one of my week without buying. So far, so good. But it's only 2:30. If there are groceries that I need, I will buy them, but nothing else is allowed. I have so much food in my house, it's ridiculous for me not to have SOMETHING to eat. I'll make my lunches so they're ready to take to school. I'm excited for this little challenge! I don't really think it will be terribly challenging but a good experience nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment