Saturday, August 1, 2009

Ill Blogging

Still here folks!

I've been busy this past week and now I've gone and caught a cold. It's not terribly debilitating, but it is very inconvenient because this weekend we're celebrating Brian's birthday, and next week we're going to Vancouver. Oh, and of course working two jobs. Geez!

Anyhow, here's a snapshot from last week's BBQ night. Oiled up some potatoes and carrots with dill and slivered almonds to throw on the grill.
They were quite tasty but I'm not used to the timing of grilling things yet, so we had to wait around for the potatoes to finish and they still could have use another 10 minutes. We also threw a couple of tempeh (fermented soybeans) patties on the BBQ. I wouldn't bother doing that again as they really didn't taste like much.
I wish I'd had some big onions to grill as well, but alas, I only had yellow zucchini. Bri liked it, but I still have an aversion to that fickle squash after last winter's cleanse.

I'm off to get ready for work. It's forecast to be over 30 degrees C today. I'm not looking forward to it.

1 comment: