Monday, July 13, 2009

Cook cook cook!

So the jalapeno poppers from last night were a double-edged sword kind of thing. They would have been wonderful but they were so terribly spicy that I couldn't enjoy them. I was happy with my panko coating, which I also used on some portobello slices. I'll have to try a more mild pepper in the future.

Today has been a day of slaving in the kitchen basically. It's been raining like crazy outside. My brother turns 18 tomorrow so I am helping with a bit of the food prep for his legion of pals. This meant two kinds of hummus (traditional and chipotle) as well as 20 deviled eggs.

After pricking my fingers on broken eggshells for an hour I wanted to do my own project and decided to try to mimic Kootenay Kitchen's Veggie Pâté. They have a gallery of the Making Of the product so I used that as a guide. I think it might just turn out like a baked mashed potato thing, but I guess I'll find out when it is done cooking.

Next on the list today is some sort of Thai stirfry to use up the rice I've cooked the past couple days. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment