Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mid morning snack


I was just scanning through recent entries and noticed that I didn't post an update on the Veggie Paté attempt! I can't believe I didn't take a photo, so maybe it's hidden on one of my many memory cards somewhere still. It was very delicious, but it did indeed turn out very hasbrown-y. I shredded the potatos and onions but I think they were too undercooked to achieve the consistency of the original paté. However, the dish was delicious and I still put it into a sandwich. I will make it again in the coming weeks and post a recipe along with it.

As for the photo of the pasta salad there, that is jsut to show off the super cute vintage ramekins I got at Honey B's during Salsa Fest. I'm very pleased with them. The pasta salad was not as good: it was a tossed together affair at the last minute to go with Brian's delicious grilled cheese sandwiches. I used 2-day old pasta and because it was whole wheat to begin with, and a little bit stale, it just wasn't up to scratch. Still, it looks quite pretty, doesn't it?

Will try to update tonight with photos of last night's amazing and rich thai peanut stirfry.

No comments:

Post a Comment